2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 3:37 AM by Uwe_Jourdan

    Wrong Search Results

    Uwe_Jourdan

      Hello,

       

      I am using a Filemaker 14 database. I am doing a search with two criteria in two related tables. The search result includes records which do not match one of the criteria.

       

      I have tried already:

      - re-indexing the table;

      - exporting all records and re-importing them;

      - saving a compressed copy of the database;

      - rebuilding the database;

       

      Thank you for your help!

       

      Uwe

        • 1. Re: Wrong Search Results
          ninja

          I've noticed this a number of times too, and every time it includes the same items in common:

           

          1. Unstored calculation field

          2. Which references a grandchild table

           

          Something about that grandchild table reference kills it.  I find the same thing for calcs on the layout when a grandchild is referenced...

           

          Consider how to arrange things to remove the grandchild reference (after confirming that it is, of course)

          • 2. Re: Wrong Search Results
            Uwe_Jourdan

            Thank's for your help!

             

            You are right. The related fields are calculation fields. So I've changed them to text fields and rebuild the database: same wrong result, even if there are no other tables related to the two tables involved.