4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 11:57 AM by Tom_Droz

Windows update crashes FM when using webviewer

Tom_Droz

Product and version FMP 14.4

OS and version Windows 10 & 8

Browser and version (for WebDirect only)

Hardware

Description Script that launches a web viewer, inside a popover, crashes FileMaker 100% of the time

How to replicate

Workaround Removed KB3132372, fixes the issue

This is now the 3rd customer this has happened on in 7 days.  There needs to be a better fix as Windows will update this file again

On a related issue I just had my 2nd customer get a DotNukeErrror Message in side the webviewer

I have no fix for this.

Can you please advise???

• 1. Re: Windows update crashes FM when using webviewer
          TSGal

Tom_Droz:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the crashing.  This is what I have done:

1. In Windows 10 with the latest update (KB3132372), I launched FileMaker Pro 14.0.4.

2. I created TEST.fmp12 with one Text field (Name) and one record.

3. On the Layout, I created a Popover button.

4. Inside the Popover, I created a Web Viewer that displays "http://www.filemaker.com"

5. I assigned the name "WV" to the Web Viewer object.

6. I created a script "Test" with the script step:   Go to Object [ Object Name: "WV" ]

7. I saved the script, went to Browse mode, and executed the script to make sure it works (it does).

8. I uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 14.0.4a.

9. On my Windows 10 machine, I launched Microsoft Edge, opened the hosted file via Web Direct, and executed the script.

Let me know wheat I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the crash.

The DotNukeError message comes from .NET.  Check with the customer for the version of .NET on their system.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Windows update crashes FM when using webviewer
            Tom_Droz

TSGal

Im not sure why you would recreate a file, you have my file that it happens on, why not test it on that?

thanls

Tom

• 3. Re: Windows update crashes FM when using webviewer
              TSGal

Tom_Droz:

I was able to retrieve your file from a backup.  I don't see any particular layout with the issue, so I created a new layout and followed steps 3-9 above.  Still, no crash.  Is there a specific layout you want me to try?  I'll keep the file for a couple more days.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Windows update crashes FM when using webviewer
                Tom_Droz

TSGal

The problem with almost all the issues of crash are that they happen sometimes but not others.   I sent you the log file from windows in another post.  

Tom