6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2016 11:11 AM by njudson6

Portal Not Pulling Data

njudson6

I have two Portals on my "Dashboard Layout" - In House Jobs Portal & Outsourced Jobs Portal.

I want the portals to pull all the records that each layout has. My relationships are as follows:

Layout (Field)

Client Layout (Company Name) = In House Jobs (Company Name) X Dashboard (In House Company Name)

Client Layout (Company Name) = Outsourced Jobs (Company Name) X Dashboard (Outsourced Company Name)

It is pulling the In House Jobs over perfectly but not the Outsourced. If a company has just an In house Job I see it, if they have and In House Job and an Outsourced Job I see both of them, BUT if they only have an Outsourced Job I don't see it in the portal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

• 1. Re: Portal Not Pulling Data
          fitch

Can we see a sample file?

• 2. Re: Portal Not Pulling Data
            njudson6

My company won't allow me to upload a file but here are screen shots.

This first image is my "Dashboard." The purpose of this is to see the status of all my jobs. I plugged in a few fake sample records to show what's going on. As you see each Company has an In House Job and and Outsourced Job. They both show in the portals perfectly.

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 7.37.02 PM.png

This second image I deleted Nian Database Design's In House Jobs, but doing that made their jobs disappear in Outsourced even though the record is still present in that table. If I delete all the Outsourced jobs I still see the In House Jobs.

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 7.37.29 PM.png

Here is how I have my relationships setup. I don't know if this is where I'm making my mistake or not.

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 7.39.11 PM.png

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Portal Not Pulling Data
              fitch

Is that "x" relationship an actual X(Cartesian) relationship, or does it have multiple criteria?

What table occurrence is the layout based on?

Are the portals filtered?

• 4. Re: Portal Not Pulling Data
                njudson6

Hi Tom,

Thanks for replying again.

It is an actual X(Cartesian) relationship.

The layout is based on it's own table "Dashboard."

Each portal is sorted, but not filtered.

Thanks Again!

Nick

• 5. Re: Portal Not Pulling Data
                  fitch

Dashboard is related to only one table occurrence (TO): In House Jobs IH. So of course if you delete the In House record, you no longer have a valid relationship to Client Layout CL, since that's not cartesian, and that affects all the relationships downstream.

I believe what you'll want to do is connect a TO of Outsourced Jobs directly to the Dashboard TO and use that for the portal.

I'd also recommend you look into the "anchor/buoy" data model. It's not the only way to develop, but can be a good approach that helps avoid the kind of trouble you've gotten into.

• 6. Re: Portal Not Pulling Data
                    njudson6

Thanks Tom. That makes total sense now. I will definitely look into the anchor/buoy data model. I appreciate the help!