AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a chart of number of items due in coming days

Question asked by realgrouchy on Jan 7, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 by realgrouchy

Never having used charts before in FMP I think I need some advice on this problem instead of wasting a bunch of time spinning my wheels trying to find a solution.

I want to create a chart showing how many items are due in each of the upcoming days, i.e. a bar graph showing values sort of like this:

#

#

#

#

_

#

#

_

#

#

#

#__

#

#

_
Due in -3 daysDue in -2 daysDue in -1 daysDue todayDue in 1 dayDue in 2 daysDue in 3 daysDue in 4 daysDue in 5 daysDue in 6 daysDue in 7 days

I want this to appear in my layout where I browse the items themselves. So each entry on the current table has a due date, and a field that calculates from this how many days away (or past) it is due, however for any given due date, there would be any number (zero, one, or more) of records due on that date.

I'm not sure how to configure my chart to pull the right data, and I suspect calculated fields may need to be involved (I'm hoping not more tables... I have enough tables already!).

Can anyone offer advice on if there is a relatively easy way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

- RG>

Outcomes