2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 10:31 PM by sumaschu

Getting Record Counts from the Toolbar to show on Layout

sumaschu

Hello All!

Having trouble with grabbing the correct values for record counts.  All the data needed for the layout is contained in one table called "Entrance".  Have used the Find function to get just the records needed.  The Toolbar actually shows the values I need to put on the Layout.  Using the sample screen below:

Entrance-Record-Count-Sample.jpg

Need to show on the Layout (because when the Layout gets printed, the record counts are needed on the printout) the record numbers of the Found Sets.  So, for example from the above screenshot, need to show literally "1 of 2 records" (see the red boxes) on the Layout itself.  The other record in the Found Set would have "2 of 2 records".  The count is of the Found Sets using the foreign key "Sister_ID".  Each "Sister_ID" can have multiple entries within the "Entrance" table.  The primary key is "DoE_ID" for the "Entrance" table.

There is probably a very obvious way to show this data.  Have tried using calculated and summary fields, including and excluding SelfJoin tables, to calculate the correct values and have exhausted my knowledge of these tools.  Tried searching other discussions similar to this topic, but haven't found anything that helps out.  It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, but it sure has me stumped. :-(

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Mark <><

• 1. Re: Getting Record Counts from the Toolbar to show on Layout
          jbrown

Hello.

There indeed is a simple way: A merge symbol.

In layout mode, select the text tool. Click on your layout where you want the x of y to show and then go up to the Insert Menu and find the section at the bottom that shows the different types of text you can enter:

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 10.52.17 PM.png

To start, choose "Record Number Symbol".

Then Type " of "

Then choose "Other Symbol in this same menu and scroll down to find "FoundCount".

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 10.52.29 PM.png

By the way, there are many functions you can put into a text box on your layout. Many of them are the Get () functions.

You can also skip the above steps by typing this onto your layout in a text box:

{{RecordNumber}} of {{FoundCount}}

(BUt I thought I'd show you where to look).

Note: this will respect your found count and your sort order, so be sure to find the records you need and sort them correctly so that this count is accurate for your printing needs.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Getting Record Counts from the Toolbar to show on Layout
            sumaschu

Jeremy,

Thank you SO much!!!  Really appreciate you showing me the "technical" way and the "efficient" way!

Especially enjoyed learning about the Get ( FoundCount ) function.  That can be super helpful!

Thanks again,

Mark <><