4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2016 1:34 PM by devonell

Last Message Choice

devonell

I currently utilize Last Message Choice with 3 options.  Is there a way to add a 4th option?

• 1. Re: Last Message Choice
          jbrown

HI.

There is not a way using FM's native Custom Dialog box to use a 4th option.

Often developers create a custom custom dialog box; a small window that has buttons on it in with the options they choose. Its not nearly as OS looking as the custom one, but it is workable.

There's a plugin out there that allows more choices in the dialog box.

Troi Dialog Plug-in for FileMaker Pro 12 through 14

• 2. Re: Last Message Choice
            devonell

Thanks Jeremy.  I thought that would be the case.  Have a super day!

• 3. Re: Last Message Choice
              steveromig

I currently utilize Last Message Choice with 3 options.  Is there a way to add a 4th option?

A custom dialog is only designed to show three (3) buttons.  If you wanted to add a 4th you'd have to roll your own dialog box using a layout along with the "New Window" script step in conjunction with Window options that are part of the "New Window" script step --- like the "Dialog Window" option.

But Get (LastMessageChoice) is only designed to recognize three (3) buttons too so you'd have to come up with another alternative to figure out what button was pushed in your custom dialog box.

Other 3rd party plug-ins may provide additional options to you as well.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Last Message Choice
                devonell

Disappointing but fair enough.  I simply wanted the dialog box to offer the 3 choices along with a Cancel.  If cancel is selected, run a specific script.