2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 8:57 AM by dscholljegerdes

Video Web viewer stopped working

dscholljegerdes

Some time in the last month, my Web viewer stop displaying my training videos made in QuickTime. After some research over the last few days I found that the Quicktime plugins were disabled in the Library/Internet Plug-ins folder. At first I thought this was a result of the 14.0.4 update as Filemaker client and the disabled Quicktime plugins had the same modification date. But I just ran the FM 14.0.4 update on a machine that was missed and the web viewer stills worked. (The OS was not updated.) So now I think it has something to do with the last mac security OS update. I'm running 10.10.5 with Filemaker 14.0.4 with my FMServer 14.0.4.413 running OS 10.9.5. The fix I found was to simply drag the disabled plugins back into the Internet Plug-In folder. I believe this all has something to do with security. Does someone know more about the security issues and is there a secure fix? We run our Filemaker Server behind a firewall so I'm hoping we are secure but is Quicktime making us vulnerable?