AnsweredAssumed Answered

Perform find and omit within current found set

Question asked by jp98 on Jan 10, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 by jp98

I have a number of products and when the user clicks print there are a number of dialogs come up and then a script runs which prints the records based on various factors.

if the user has already performed a find, i want to be able to constrain the find and then show the omitted records (if any) within the original found set that the user completed. what is the best way to go about this.

eg. if there is one record in the found set that the user has brought up, when they click print, if there is "DB" or "DRIB" in the field Code_ID, it will go to a layout and print. however if there is not "DB" or "DRIB" it needs to print a different layout - this is easy enough if there is only one record in the users found set but what if there is more?

eg. there are 10 records in the found set, they click print, there is 4 records that had "DB" or "DRIB" in the field Code_ID and they print fine. what do i need to do next so that the next 6 records that don't have "DB" or "DRIB" in them print the alternate layout?

Any help on this would be much appreciated and sorry about how confusing i have written it

Outcomes