1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 2:35 PM by cholt1

Problems with authentication to AD server

cholt1

I'm trying to get authentication working and it's being really flaky, with an emphasis on the not working.

I've tested the server settings and they test fine. I've verified the user is in the group, and they are. I've tried different groups and different users, no go. I've tried it with and without a start point. Every time I think I have it working (read: it actually works as expected), it later fails with no changes. It just seems totally random.

The server is running on a PC with the latest patch of 14 installed, and the client is the latest version of FileMaker Pro 13 running on a Mac under 10.11.2 with the machine bound to AD.

Is there anything obvious I can check that I might be missing?

• 1. Re: Problems with authentication to AD server
          cholt1

I figured this out. Here's what was going on:

* I had all of the files local on my machine and was opening them, modifying the security, and then uploading them to the server one at a time.

* If I opened a file locally that referred to another file which I had already modified locally, it would refuse to authenticate to the server. I had to enter a user that was only in FileMaker.