AnsweredAssumed Answered

WebDirect launch page slow to load on Windows OS only

Question asked by DaveP10 on Jan 14, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 by mikebeargie

I have been searching the discussions board but cannot find anyone else with this problem.

I have a problem with WebDirect loading on Windows machines.  This problem is not with my layout designs as it happens before you even log into a database.  When you browse to the WebDirect home(launch) page the page briefly displays with the FileMaker logo and the available databases.  The screen then goes white with the loading wheel for about 30 seconds before displaying the page properly.

This happens on both the LAN and WAN.   My original server deployment was 1 machine so I changed this to a 2 machine deployment and upgraded both servers to 14.0.4 but this didn't resolve the issue.

Even stranger is the fact that this issue only seems to effect Windows machines, and on any browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE).  If you browse to the page on a MAC with Safari (or even Chrome!!) it loads up fine.   It also loads fine on iPhone and iPad through Safari.

I am pulling what little hair I have out here trying to fix this.   I need to be able to provide read only access for a customer to one of our databases and I don't think telling them that they'll have to use a MAC is really acceptable!!!

Can anyone help me?

Outcomes