2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 4:09 PM by Chaz

Unable to print all of my document, preview only shows half of the document.

Chaz

I'm not new to FileMaker. I've used v 3 until it was time to upgrade to the newest version 14.  I not an expert at FileMaker. V 3 and V14 are very different.  I've enclosed two screenshots of my situation.  I've exhausted my search for a solution, so I'm turning to this forum for help.  The solution may be simple.  Here is my situation. I'm unable to print my complete document as shown in browse mode, instead, in preview, I get half of my document I want to print. Something needs to be extended out to include the rest of my document. Any suggestions how to resolve this issue? 

• 1. Re: Unable to print all of my document, preview only shows half of the document.
          steveromig

I'm not new to FileMaker. I've used v 3 until it was time to upgrade to the newest version 14.  I not an expert at FileMaker. V 3 and V14 are very different.  I've enclosed two screenshots of my situation.  I've exhausted my search for a solution, so I'm turning to this forum for help.  The solution may be simple.  Here is my situation. I'm unable to print my complete document as shown in browse mode, instead, in preview, I get half of my document I want to print. Something needs to be extended out to include the rest of my document. Any suggestions how to resolve this issue?

It appears your layout extends beyond the print boundary (to the right) in Browse mode.

Here is what you can do / try:

1. See if printing in Landscape mode helps.
          2. In LAYOUT mode, enable VIEW > PAGE BREAKS.  You will notice some horizontal and vertical dotted lines.  These are the page boundaries you need to take into account when designing your layouts for print output.  For example, the vertical line will indicate your right page margin.  So, anything you want to print will need to appear to the left of that line.  Furthermore, you will probably want to adjust the right layout margin (which is new from v3 > v14 so that it is even with that vertical line.  You can click and drag the edge of the layout on the right side to move it.
          3. Alternately, you could have a data entry layout which is big and a print layout which is optimized for the paper size you are trying to print to.

NOTE:  The horizontal and vertical Page Break lines are controlled by your printer driver and the size of paper you have selected within your printer driver.  You cannot click and drag them to move them when in Layout mode.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful