AnsweredAssumed Answered

Printing/PDF from interactive content (PDF) in Container with overlay of FileMaker fields

Question asked by nutsonshells on Jan 14, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 by TSGal

Hi There,

Case:

I am trying to create a database for incoming invoices.

Invoice arrives as PDF by email and is dropped into a interactive content container field.

Each invoice needs to be coded and I have created a number of fields in Filemaker in the same record as the invoice container field.

Now I want to either Print or PDF the invoice from the container field with an overlay of my coding fields.

Problem A:

I created a layout with just the container field on it in A4 size but when I go in Preview mode, the PDF doesn't show and doesn't print or PDF, I just get a white screen. It does show in Browse mode, but the PDF is not resizing to the container field size, even though the field settings say "Reduce image to fit"

Problem B:

When I overlay the coding fields, they won't show in browse mode. I made sure I have stacked them in front of the container field.

When I go in Preview mode, I can see my coding fields, but the PDF is not showing, just blank.

I have read a lot of forums, but I can't find a solution for this. I have previously insert PDFs in a layout and added fields on top, but I can't do this, since the PDF is not a form but an invoice, so I need to use a Container.

Anybody an idea how I can solve this problem?

Thanks

kind regards

Regine

Outcomes