2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 4:03 AM by mleiser

Send email questions.

mleiser

Send email questions. Want to send an email message plus some application files to parents. How can I attach more than one file. How can I get them to see a different email address (from) than my workstations default. How can I send it to all selected records and the fields that have email addresses. Seems I can only send it to one field from each record. I may have two email addresses in a record. Thank you

• 1. Re: Send email questions.
          steveromig

Send email questions. Want to send an email message plus some application files to parents. How can I attach more than one file.

FileMaker only supports attaching one file to an email.  If you need to send more you'll need to zip them up and attach them this way.

How can I get them to see a different email address (from) than my workstations default.

You'd have to use / send using the SMTP settings versus sending through your email client.  FileMaker doesn't have the control to specify the REPLY TO when sending through your email client.

How can I send it to all selected records and the fields that have email addresses. Seems I can only send it to one field from each record. I may have two email addresses in a record. Thank you

If you have multiple email addresses per record you'd either a) have to specify one to be in the CC or BCC fields or b) create a calculation that concatenates the multiple fields into one field that can be used for the TO field.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Send email questions.
            mleiser

Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone