2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2016 12:42 PM by TSGal

FM Go 14, Charts Truncated

rouelf

Using Scatter Charts in FM Go, they are being truncated to around 1050 points. Meaning, cannot get charts to display more than around 1050 points. Is this an FM Go issue ? or is it some iOS limitation ?

• 1. Re: FM Go 14, Charts Truncated
          TSGal

rouelf:

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded your post to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM Go 14, Charts Truncated
            TSGal

rouelf:

Development and Testing are already aware of this issue.

FileMaker Go is using a third-party library that temporarily uses large amount of memory and also takes a lot of time to generate large charts.  Although iOS sends FileMaker Go of a low memory warning, FileMaker Go cannot respond immediately because the chart generation process cannot be interrupted.  In earlier releases of FileMaker Go, this caused a crash.  In order to mitigate the issue, the maximum number of data points under iOS devices was reduced from 2048 to 1024.  This reduction should not impact the charts much visually since the display resolutions are much lower on iOS devices than on desktop machines, and it also improves chart rendering performance.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.