AnsweredAssumed Answered

Modifiable Repeating Field Entries?

Question asked by steveald on Jan 19, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 by steveald

I have a layout that basically creates a spreadsheet with a header row, and dozens of rows of data below it. To cut down on the number of fields that have to be created, the header row is a repeating field, as are each of the data rows. Each cell in the data row fields is calculated based on the cell in the header row directly above it. Just like you can do in Excel.

This layout is available for every record in the database and, until now, the values in the header row field were always the same. So I was able to make it a global repeating field. Each existing and newly created record has the same values in the repeating field. The values in the data rows changed based on other record-specific settings.

Now, I need to make it so I can enter custom values to replace any of the values in the header row. And the custom value must be limited to the record it is entered in. So, that means the header row must lose it's global standing. Effectively, what is normally 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, ... needs to be able to become 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, ... or any other scenario.

This creates two issues. How do I set up the header row repeating field so it populates with the standard list of values whenever a new record is created? And how do I configure it so values entered into non-repeating custom value fields will appear in their corresponding cell in the repeating field?

I've been working with the Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) function, but I haven't been able to get it to populate any more than the first repeating field. Even then, I'm not sure that would allow me to replace values with custom values.

Any thoughts? Screenshot attached.

Outcomes