jevans88

FileMaker Server Connection Unstable

Discussion created by jevans88 on Jan 19, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 by jevans88

I have been using FileMaker Server to host databases for a  few years now.  A couple of months ago I updated to FileMaker Server 14.0 and quite a few of my scripts for loading and saving information began to cause errors. I spoke with FileMaker support and they were unable to figure out what could be causing the problem so I reverted back to FileMaker 13.0.  The strange errors stopped but since then I have had connection issues when using FileMaker Go.  I get the error "The file '' could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host."  This message persists for a while and then everything works for a while.  This repeats constantly throughout the day.  I have multiple iPads and iPhones that all have the same issue.  I have checked Access Points to make sure they are working.  I don't know what is going on! Everything used to be fine and now we can't run filemaker consistently because of the connection problems.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know.  Let me know if more information would be helpful as well.

Thank You,

Jason

Outcomes