2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 1:06 PM by tkessler45

Synchronizing layouts, scripts, and value lists between databases

tkessler45

IIs there a way to synchronize the development side of a FileMaker database? I have a number of scripts, value lists, and layouts that I develop continually and host on a main FileMaker Server system. I have three additional FileMaker server systems at my disposal to offload workload. I would like to centralize development to the main server, and then somehow push changes to the three others so clients connecting to them will see those changes. However, I can't seem to see how to do this besides copying the whole database (and then having to deal with data synchronization hurdles). My database is about 8GB in size, and is continually accessed and updated throughout the day.

I know there are third-party tools for synchronizing data from one site to another, but are there any options for keeping both data and the supporting structure of layouts, value lists, and scripts updated? I'd like to have data actively synced on changes, limit script and layout changes to the main server, and have any changes to these scripts and layouts pushed to the three replicates either on a schedule or manually.