3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2016 9:36 AM by mikebeargie

Container Field as Downloadable File

talkersw

Here is the scenario. I have a user making a request and I want to present them an excel template to download via a container. This download is the same for every record and provides the file with blank records to be filled by the user.....and another container to upload the template after it has been populated with data. Therefore, the download template is the same on every record; however, the uploaded document will be unique for each record

I have successfully achieved this making the download container a global container. I uploaded the Excel file. The potential issue I am seeing is that every record has a duplicate of this file now, as opposed to just one being there for download. I see the same file down the column in list view over 100+ records. I could see this causing more space to be taken up on the server. It isn't necessary that every record have a copy of this document stored.

I was wondering if there is a way to just present one file to the user via a container as opposed to pushing it out to every other record. I don't want to bog the system down. Let me know if you need any clarification.

CLM__procure-fm_.png