iOS can only "talk" to two file paths:
Get(TemporaryPath) - for the temporary folder
Get(DocumentsPath) - for the documents folder inside of FMGo
Therefore if you try and calculate your path any other way, like specifying a drive letter, or Get(DesktopPath), it will fail in FMGo.
What is the calculation you are using to generate your file path for excel?
fantastic, thanks for the response!
interesting... I have not been able to find a successful temporary filepath location or a calculation to do so anywhere online, so as of now nothing.
These are the two scripts I have used that will work on my desktop, but not on my iOS devices:
(1) Email without message/subject/address
- Save Records as Excel [Restore; No Dialog; Metrics.xlsx; Create email; Records being browsed]
(1) Email with message/subject/address
- Save Records as Excel [Restore; No Dialog; Metrics.xlsx; Records being browsed];
- Set Variable [$path; Value: Get(temporarypath) & "Metrics.xlsx"]
- Send Mail [send via e-mail client; To: $email; Subject: $location&" "&$date; Message:"Hello,¶¶Please find the staggered check-in metrics attached.¶¶Comments: ¶¶Data Table::_12_Comments¶¶Thank you!"]
What calculation would you suggest?
your second script, but steps 1 & 2 are backwards, set a variable for your path, then save the excel file to that $path.
If you don't specify a path, I believe it saves it by default to the filemaker go documents folder.
Then use the $path again in the attachments dialog for send mail.
Also, Save records as excel is NOT a supported script step for filemaker go. I would recommend using Export Records instead.
got it.. still no luck! when I use the Export Records step how do I specify that the file type should be excel and also, what should the output file character set be?
Again, still working on my desktop!
Have you read the filemaker go development guide? It covers the differences between designing for Go vs Pro.
.<https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/14/en/fmgo14_development.pdf>xlsx is supported, .xls is not, and UTF-16 is automatically selected.