siskiyou@spiritone.com

On-line Web Forms

Discussion created by siskiyou@spiritone.com on Jan 21, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2016 by Mike_Mitchell

I am considering purchasing FileMaker, I used it a lot about 6 years ago, but haven't since.  I'm generally familiar with the myriad things I can do once I have the data in FileMaker.

My question regards getting data into FileMaker.  Our needs are very simple, but I can't figure out from watching the tutorials and other resources if I can actually do what I want directly with FileMaker.

Currently I use Google Forms to collect data from an on-line "Entry Form" I designed that collects info from a competitor wanting to enter one of our K9 competitions. They enter their name, info about their dog and which competitions they want to enter.  I then use that data to create the various paper forms we need to run the competition such as a judges score sheet with their name and dog data on it. I totally understand how I can use FileMaker to do create those type of documents.

What I would like is to create a form in FileMaker that "looks" better visually than the Google Form, which is very simplistic.  Then put that form on-line on our website and have the competitor enter the competition directly from our website using the form I have designed, and with the data going directly into FileMaker for use in other ways.

Please let me know if FileMaker can do this pretty straight forward task and if I just need to purchase the standard version of the application.

Thanks,

Terri

Outcomes