1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2016 10:42 AM by steveromig

Reporting/Summary Help

talkersw

Hey guys, I am a big novice in reporting with Filemaker. I was wondering if anyone had any good references and instructional videos they recommend. I would like to create reports with multiple criteria, but do not know how.

My specific question is regarding Summary Fields. What I need to do is create counts under a multi criteria scenario; like drill down type of counts. For example, lets say I have 50 US States. I have a region column, a population column. I want a count of all midwestern states under X number of people. I think the report wizard is where I do this, but Im not sure if it is possible via calculation fields. Any feedback?

• 1. Re: Reporting/Summary Help
          steveromig

Hey guys, I am a big novice in reporting with Filemaker. I was wondering if anyone had any good references and instructional videos they recommend. I would like to create reports with multiple criteria, but do not know how.

My specific question is regarding Summary Fields. What I need to do is create counts under a multi criteria scenario; like drill down type of counts. For example, lets say I have 50 US States. I have a region column, a population column. I want a count of all midwestern states under X number of people. I think the report wizard is where I do this, but Im not sure if it is possible via calculation fields. Any feedback?

Sounds like a good starting place for you would be sub-summaries. 

They can be done through the Layout / Report Wizard or done manually on any layout.

Check out these resources in our knowledge base for an overview...

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6198/

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13759/

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.