2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2016 11:00 AM by fitch

Server schedules will not recognize FileMaker files or users

fitch

FileMaker Server 14.0.4.413

aka FileMaker Server 14.0.4a

Java 8 update 66

Windows 2008 R2 SP1

Tried both Firefox and Chrome

In server admin console, I click Schedules and either edit a schedule or create a new one.

I enter name/password and select a database.

Click Next.

"Please select a database."

I already did!!!!

Click Next.

"No scripts are available for the specified account"

Click a different database.

Sometimes this causes a few databases to vanish from the list, leaving blank lines.

Start over.

Click Next.Click Next.Click Next.etc. etc.

... at some point, it moves to next step.

And eventually if you're lucky, you can finish the schedule and run it.

• 1. Re: Server schedules will not recognize FileMaker files or users
          TSGal

fitch:

Thank you for your post.

Prior to the first message "Please select a database", did a previous schedule run?  If so, what actions did the schedule perform?

If you log out of Admin Console, reboot the browser and access Admin Console, are you then able to create/edit a schedule?

In Admin Console, did you set up an additional database folder?  If so, is it on a local drive or network drive?  If a network drive, check to make sure the network connection is up and running.

Any other information you can provide about your server setup and steps you have taken may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Server schedules will not recognize FileMaker files or users
            fitch

>> Prior to the first message "Please select a database", did a previous schedule run?  If so, what actions did the schedule perform?

Not exactly sure what you're asking. Manually invoking a scheduled script? I tried that -- it failed both before and after.

>>If you log out of Admin Console, reboot the browser and access Admin Console, are you then able to create/edit a schedule?

Nope, same error.

>>In Admin Console, did you set up an additional database folder?

No.

This server was running FileMaker 12 Server. We did a full un-install/install, and then imported the old schedules. But as I said, it wasn't only editing old schedules that failed, it was new schedules as well. And as I said, it eventually did work after clicking Next over and over.