2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 9:58 AM by tracievans@mobileda.org

SSL certificate

tracievans@mobileda.org

We mistakenly added an unsupported SSL certificate to the server.

We are currently in the process of retrieving a supported SSL certificate from one of the CA companies that was recommended by Filemaker.

However, I just needed to know, will the new certificate overwrite the old/incorrect one? Is there a way to delete the incorrect certificate?

I uploaded the certificate through the admin console> database server> security.

The new certificate will be uploaded through the command line.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: SSL certificate
          tcfitzgerald

The files created by the fmsadmin certificate commands are placed in the CStore folder under your FileMaker Server install folder:

<drive letter>:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\CStore on Windows, not really sure where the same location is on a Mac.

The files you want to look for are serverKey.pem and serverCustom.pem. 

serverKey.pem is the private key and serverCustom.pem is the private key combined with the SSL certificate.  This is the 'certificate' file that FileMaker is using.  I don't see any reason why you couldn't just delete these files, especially if you have an invalid certificate.

I'm not 100% sure if running the fmsadmin certificate commands will overwrite the old files.

• 2. Re: SSL certificate
            tracievans@mobileda.org

Thanks! We were able to delete those files yesterday and successfully install an SSL certificate