fjauregui

How to add multiple records from pop over list?

Discussion created by fjauregui on Jan 26, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 by siplus

I am somewhat new to filemaker programming, I did some work a few years back but need a refresher to a problem I am having.

Setup:

Filemaker Pro 14

Windows 7 Professional

Issue:

I have an application where I would like to add multiple records (product) from one table via a pop over (up) list to another table such as invoices. The best example that relates is the "Invoice" example found in the "Starter Solution" . On the "Invoice" tab there is a button below the portal that states "Add Line Item" and a pop up list comes up listing all the products. This allows the user to pick on product to add to the invoice. I would like to pick multiple products instead of one at a time. How can I do this? Is there a database that I can use as an example of the scripting or process involved? Maybe this question has been asked already, so any input, detailed instructions, videos or tutorials would be helpful. I am also open to other ways of picking multiple records, but the way the invoice database completes this task is really nice. Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

Frank

Outcomes