3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 6:57 AM by TSGal

webdirect is painful

pinevalley

I'm trying to jump from IWP to webdirect using a hosting company (sharing a server), but;

using server 13, the menubar appears for just long enough for a webdirect user to bring up the status bar, which gives them access to alot.

(yes, under File->File Options, I have Hide all Toolbars checked off and my opening scripts 1st 2 lines are, Hide Menubar & Hide Toolbar)

also, when exiting, the big red box - Communication Problem pops ups for a few seconds, which doesn't look good.

So, I tried their server 14, and both of the above problems went away, but I randomly get the spinning circle of death (as I saw another post call it).

I thought my file was too big or complex, so I uploaded the Contacts under the starter packages and still got the spinning circle with that file also.

Any word on the next upgrade or possible fixes I'm not thinking of.

Thanks

• 1. Re: webdirect is painful
          TSGal

pinevalley:

Thank you for your post.

What browser(s) are you using to access the file via WebDirect?

Is FileMaker Server using SSL?  If so, what certificate is being used?

Any other information you can provide about your computing environment could be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: webdirect is painful
            pinevalley

Using Firefox, though I did get the red box the other day using Chrome (I thought, but I'm not getting the red box now in Chrome)

I am in MD, using fmphost, trying their servers either in Atlanta or Toronto.

I am using windows 10 operating system, using fm pro adv 14.04

The ssl that fmphost has setup is issued by GeoTrust (DV SSL CA-G4)

I am in the process of creating an account that is limited to only being able to access the 1st layout, which is a global layout with a button (the only script the account has access to), which then will re-login my webdirect users and take them to other layouts, closing the status and menu bar if they got them open in them 1st few seconds.  My link to my database is

https://n315.fmphost.com/fmi/webd?homeurl=http://www.pinevalleyswim.com/payonline.html#PVSOnlineRegistration

Thanks

• 3. Re: webdirect is painful
              TSGal

pinevalley:

Thank you for the additional information.

On Windows 10, I was able to access your page via Internet Explorer and Chrome.  Firefox is not a supported browser.  For more information on supported browsers, see either page 10 of the FileMaker 14 WebDirect Guide or Knowledge Base Article #14401.

I was also able to access the file via Mac OS X 10.11.3 (Safari and Chrome), and Windows 7 (Internet Explorer and Chrome).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.