2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2016 12:39 PM by Imhest

Assign custom inventory items to a portal in another presentation

Imhest

Hi there, my name is Lucas and i'm currently starting to develop a Filemaker database to help in the office. We do plane maintenance, and as i am pretty new to this software i ran into a problem already and i was hoping you could help me.

I have 2 tables, one of them keeps track of plane information (like owner, pilot, aircraft registration) and the other one works like a simple kind of inventory, listing all the available items that are, eventually, used on a plane that is undergoing maintenance. The fields from the inventory table are as follows: Serial Number, Price, Description. I have both tables related through the Description field.

Apart from that I have one presentation that works as it follows: The aircraft registration plate is listed above a portal that will have inventory items assigned to it. This presentation has the plane information table assigned to it.

What I want to do is to assign inventory items (each record from the inventory presentation is an item) to a portal. I tried making a list from the "Description" values and in the portal, making the description field a popup menu and choosing the item that i want, but i can't create new rows or anything, and when i create a new record it doesn't allow me to add anything to the portal. What's the best way to go about this? Can I even do this with a portal?

Here are some pictures:

ss (2016-01-27 at 12.28.26).pngss (2016-01-27 at 12.29.55).png

ss (2016-01-27 at 12.30.11).pngss (2016-01-27 at 12.30.48).png

Descripcion = Description. Tornillo 2 and 3 (screws) are some descriptions I put as examples to try stuff.

Thanks for your help!