4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 11:48 AM by rtolliver

Find Mode

rtolliver

I need to create and save a found set.

I want to create a find for a field that has six different criteria, example;

Fiendname:Specie

Field content:

1. Red Oak
      2. White Oak
      3. Popular
      4. Pine

I've constructed the needed find manually using New Request but I'm having problems creating a script to do the same.

• 1. Re: Find Mode

I'm having a little trouble understanding your question (or your problem with the script.

Are you saying you have a multi-line field with four values in it (as with possibly a global field) or is it a single valued field with four possible values that the user could enter? The difference is important. Also, you said "six different criteria", but you didn't list any examples.

If you can create the "Find" manually, then in a script, you just need to create a script steps to: (1) ENTER FIND MODE and then (2) SET FIELD <enter find criteria>, and then (3) PERFORM FIND, almost exactly what you would do manually.

Maybe copy and paste a secreenshot showing your data in a bit more detail and your script attempt thus far so that it's clearer to understand what problem you're having, OK?

- m

• 2. Re: Find Mode
            siplus

enter find mode []

set field [specie; "Red Oak"]

new record/request

set field [specie; "White Oak"]

new record/request

perform find[]

but wait, there is a trick.

If you do the find manually, then go into scripts, create a new script, add the perform find instruction then you click on specify, you'll have access to a specify find requests dialog which already incorporates your last search, ready to be saved or edited.

• 3. Re: Find Mode
              steveromig

Ricardo Tolliver wrote:

I need to create and save a found set.

I want to create a find for a field that has six different criteria, example;

Fiendname:Specie

Field content:

1. Red Oak
              2. White Oak
              3. Popular
              4. Pine

I've constructed the needed find manually using New Request but I'm having problems creating a script to do the same.

If you are trying to create a scripted find request that will find all records in field X that match A or B or C or D then you can simply use the Perform Find script step and use criteria like this...

Voila_Capture 2016-01-28_09-35-10_AM.png

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Find Mode
                rtolliver

Thank you all for the suggestions