4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2016 8:59 AM by beverly

Export all fields, including Tab Control Fields

talkersw

This will probably be an easy one for somebody.

I have a download button with a very simple script as shown

Edit_Script_“Show_All___Download”__CLM__procure-fm__.png

In my layout, let's say I have a tab control with Name, State and Hobbies (I mocked this up for purposes of this question)

CLM_1-29-2016_copy.png

When I export, I only see a column for the data that is currently active in the tab control. In this case, Name. How do I show all fields in the export rather than just what is highlighted?

• 1. Re: Export all fields, including Tab Control Fields
          beverly

can you post the export dialog (if there is one)?

beverly

• 2. Re: Export all fields, including Tab Control Fields
            beverly

Sorry, I believe you did post the script, but it you change the No dialog (uncheck) and get a dialog, can you post screen shot of that?

Perhaps you have something else that is only exporting "currently active".

beverly

• 3. Re: Export all fields, including Tab Control Fields
              steveromig

This will probably be an easy one for somebody.

I have a download button with a very simple script as shown

Edit_Script_“Show_All___Download”__CLM__procure-fm__.png

In my layout, let's say I have a tab control with Name, State and Hobbies (I mocked this up for purposes of this question)

CLM_1-29-2016_copy.png

When I export, I only see a column for the data that is currently active in the tab control. In this case, Name. How do I show all fields in the export rather than just what is highlighted?

I believe this is working as designed (for whatever reason).  I get the same behavior when I try it.

A couple of things you could do to work around this...

1. Rather than using the "Save Records As Excel" script step, use "Export Records" and export your data out as Excel that way.  The "Export Records" dialog box provides more flexibility as to what fields to include in your export - including allow you to specify fields from the "Current Table" and other table occurrences.
              2. If you have to use "Save Records As Excel", have your script switch to another layout that contains the fields that you want to include in your export and then have it switch back to your original layout.  It should be fast enough that your end users will never know it happened.

Steve Romig

FIleMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Export all fields, including Tab Control Fields
                beverly

SR, I am not seeing this. Mac OSX 10.9.5, FMPA 14.0.2

When I have a tab panel on the layout and fields in the panels and use Save Records As Excel, I get all fields on the layout in the .xlsx (Even if I have any "active".)

But good advice on using Export Records (Excel) instead of Save Records as Excel.

I have another possible  option for OP. When I switch to Table View and Modify (limit the fields), then use Save Records as Excel, ONLY those fields (in Table view) are exported.

beverly