synergy46

FM 14 Adv Portal Row quandry

Discussion created by synergy46 on Jan 30, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2016 by synergy46

I have a Membership application.  The main layout (based on Members) also has a MembersPortal (Members Table) 'navigation' portal showing member names on the left.  (X)

There is a portal filter that shows the portal names according to the Navigation values in :  Active/Inactive and/or Members/Candidates/Other.

This works well.

`FordActiveInactive.png

The 'Active/Inactive' fields and the Member/Candidate/Other fields  at the top for example run a script that finds  the membership table according to it's selection.  This works.

The problem is that this script, after the FIND, it  sends the Portal Record to the top. 

ScrActiveMember.png

So, I wrote this script:

PortalScript.png

The problem with this script is that as I  step through it, it locates the $$KP but isn't able to set the focus on that record?

(The initial portal choice was Voss, Scott.  The Find/Sort command sent the record pointer to the top (Crocket,David B) then the Loop script located Voss but couldn't 'set' the record to be highlighted; as if I had clicked it.

DoubleSElect.png

Commit Record doesn't do it.  How do I put the record pointer on the indicated record when I fall out of the loop?

Notice how Voss is 'selected' but the Find put the record pointer of Crocket.... grrrrr... Ideas?  thanks

Outcomes