AnsweredAssumed Answered

Duplicated TOs in relationship graph not listed in Tables tab

Question asked by sastickf on Feb 1, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 by sastickf

Product and version: FileMaker 14.0.4 (but I was able to replicate the issue in 13.0.9 as well)

OS and version: Mac 10.10.5

Browser and version (for WebDirect only): N/A

Hardware: MacBook

Description: I have a file with 107 tables and when you duplicate a TO in the relationship graph, that TO is not listed on the "Tables" tab in Manage Database in the "Occurrences in Graph" column.  If you add a new TO using the "Add New" button (instead of duplicating an existing one), then the new TO DOES show up in the "Ocurrences in Graph" column of "Tables" in Manage Database.  Note: This does not seem to be a problem when there are not fewer data tables (& TOs on the graph).

How to replicate: From a file with many data tables, duplicate an existing TO from the relationship graph.

Workaround (if any): Use the "Add new TO" button vs. duplicating existing TOs

The consistency check as well as running recover on a copy of the file did not indicate that there are any issues with the file.  This is a brand new empty file that I began with as "from scratch" recently.  It has not crashed at any point.  I created the data tables by importing .xls spreadsheets (with one row only for the field names).

I would like to know from FileMaker if this bug affects the integrity of my file at all or if it is okay to continue developing my files that I duplicated TOs in vs. adding as new TOs?

Outcomes