AnsweredAssumed Answered

Switching from DB to FM Pro Opinions

Question asked by martithomas on Feb 3, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 by DavidJondreau

Hello,

I need some FM Pro advice/opinions!  It's been 10 years since I've used FM - loved it! 

Now, at my current job we have a database that was started EIGHT years ago and is still not complete so we are looking at other options. It is hosted web application built with PHP, javascript, and SQL (database).

We use it keep track of client records.  We are a non-profit that works with 500 people with disabilities, we provide vocational training and employment services.  Here are some things we keep track of and what our DB does:

• Client personal info
  • Demographic, Medical, Guardian, Emergency Info
  • Funding sources (who is paying for that client's services so we can bill for it at the end of the month).  Some clients have multiple funding sources
  • Employer/Volunteer Site info (who that client works for or volunteers for).  Some clients have multiple employers.
  • Staff Info (each staff is assigned to 10-20 clients; each manager has 6-12 staff)
  • Files (upload PDF copies of resumes, funding info, applications, etc)
  • Daily Case notes - much like an attorney might make, we have to record time spent w each client, by whom and why
  • Month End:  One report to calculate all hours staff and clients work (for each client), wages, daily notes and totals of all in summary.

Yes, this is a huge beast and hopefully that is enough in a nutshell to give you all the gist of it. 

Again, I haven't used FM in a long time - but I remember it being amazing  

In your opinion, would it work for our needs?

THANK YOU!!!

Outcomes