1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 4:00 AM by wimdecorte

FM Server Disappearing/Reappearing Admin Groups and Autocalcs

CICT

As we've moved over from the original web site where this was posted, I'd like to update these 2 on-going FM Server related bugs.

The disappearing admin groups bug has survived 3 versions of FM Server. The last set of information we exchanged with FMI suggested it may have been linked to first closing databases before carrying out the server restart. However, this is not the case as we've now tried letting the server close the files and the problem still exists.

We've recently restarted 2 servers without first closing the hosted files (normally we'd close these manually first). One lost all of its admin groups and these had to be entered again. The second found all the duplicate admin groups that had previously been entered to overcome missing groups from an earlier restart and had to have the duplicates deleted.

I know FMI have been requesting examples of files to try to trace the auto calc bug, but at the moment we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. If we don't restart the servers on a planned schedule we receive reports of finds failing on auto calc fields and if we do we get a bunch of additional admin work setting up or deleting admin groups.

Has anyone else anything to add that may help get either of these finally resolved?

Thanks

Andy

• 1. Re: FM Server Disappearing/Reappearing Admin Groups and Autocalcs
          wimdecorte

Hi Andy,

The admin groups are stored in the registry on Windows so you can easily save them out and reimport them when they are gone.

The "save settings" functionality in the FMS admin console should do the same but will also do your schedules.

I'd be interested to find out whether those admin groups are still in the registry after one of those disappearing acts...  If they are then that would explain the dupes you had.