AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Go 14 Issues

Question asked by User795 on Feb 4, 2016
Latest reply on May 20, 2016 by TSGal

All,

I am trying to get confirmation on a series of issues we are having with a brand new app created in FileMaker 14 and now being used in FMGo 14 on iPad 3 minis and some older iPad 2's.  All iOS's are 9.1 or 9.2.

1. Scrolling:  We have a simple list layout with about 980 found records sorted with two sub-summaries.  When the user scrolls rapidly the entire screen goes white and it takes some time for it to catch up and refresh the records.  This seems to be a long standing issues with FMGo, but wanted to confirm.
  2. Data Entry Slowness:  On our List layout we have a single number field for the user to enter inventory numbers.  There is a script trigger set to on object entry which sets the current count in a global variable and an on Object Exit trigger which essentially evaluates the field entry does a comparison, sets an adjacent field and then navigates to the next row.  For both entering and more significantly exiting the field there is a noticeable delay, especially when I compare the same procedure to FMGo13 on the same iPad.  In searching the discussions I am seeing similar observations dating back to the launch of FMGo14.  Is this a known compatibility issue and are others seeing this?
  3. Crashing App:  Under the same scenario above, and I blame the delay issue, if the user starts to rapidly enter data, using the iPad numeric keypad and the enter keypad button, sometimes after 3 to 5 or 20 entries when the correct speed of entering data and performing return and entering data, the entire app crashes.  Again I have seen some mention of this in the discussions but wanted to confirm if this is a known issue.  I have to report back to the client regarding this.

On a separate copy I did perform a recover on the file and there were no errors indicated at all.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.
Todd

Outcomes