3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2016 5:07 PM by user19752

import doesn't resolve found set data to other table / same file

tomswell

it has been stated that it is possible import a found set from table "A" into table "B" both tables reside in the same file.

All I can muster is an import of all records into "B" not the found set.

1.   Create a layout list showing table "A" records as a found set.  [ same deposit # ]

2.   Select layout showing "B" [ different table] and import records pointing to  "A"s listed found set.

what might I be missing?

sceanerio:

Payments from various jobs are listed yet to be deposited ... a group of selected payments are selected for new  deposit record

with each selection a bouillon  flag "deposited" is set creating a portal transfer from "undeposited" to "deposited"

that "deposited" portal represents the "found set"  ... with the key being same deposit number ... [ found set ]

Occasionally a payee delivers a check to pay for more than one job  ( "split pay" )

to create a deposit slip > all payments sharing a common "split" check number need to be compiled into one deposit slip check record

I've  developed  looping routine which works perfectly summing common check number payments into one record with a job reference field showing each job id payment is applied to.

"A" records are payments and are often limited to less than 30 records, per deposit

• 1. Re: import doesn't resolve found set data to other table / same file
          user19752

If you don't succeed, try

Go to Layout "A"

make found set

New Window

Go to Layout "B"

import from A

(keep the found set in a window)

This can be done before "New window" feature appears, so it should be able in one window. But using new window would make it clear.

You should check that any script trigger not changing found set when switch the layout.

And there is no way to specify "import from a file that already opened", so take care for specifying source file.

• 2. Re: import doesn't resolve found set data to other table / same file
            tomswell

I'm getting mixed messages;       whats correct

Correct Answer by philmodjunk on Oct 8, 2014 7:15 AM

Import Records can import data from Table A in File1 into Table B in File 1.

When the dialogs ask you to select a file from which to import the data, you can simply select the very same file that you already have open.

user 19752 said

And there is no way to specify "import from a file that already opened", so take care for specifying source file.

I'll watch for script trigger this eve

• 3. Re: import doesn't resolve found set data to other table / same file
              user19752

Sorry if my answer was not clear, I meant just same thing as philmodjunk. I mean when you "select the very same file", there is nothing to show "it is the file what you are using" in the dialog, and always need to select from all files in the folder (or server). So easily I can make mistake if there are many files having similar name.

(I now noticed that the dialog is old style file chooser, not "launch center". if it is, I can select "recent file" easily...)