2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 6:05 PM by TravisHeckford

How to: Portal Table on Tab of Form, enter data and scroll bar within form layout

TravisHeckford

Hi there,

See attached photo:

I am trying to create a form where I can enter data into a table (which is a portal to another related table), would like to have it as a table view, and to keep the size of this portal table within the confines of the form in which it is nested. However I can't seem to make it like this, it wants to extend beyond the length of the form, I have the rows set to 1 to 100 because there may be considerable about of data entered. How do I get it to fit within the form?

When I drag the table outline to fit within the form the fields become so small that you can not see them. Is this the only way to have the table fit? The scroll bar also seems to fit when I do this but yet provides no utility.

Thanks in advance!

Travis

IMG_0020.jpg

• 1. Re: How to: Portal Table on Tab of Form, enter data and scroll bar within form layout
          MaxEh

If I understand correctly (which it seems I am having some problems with lately) the Tree Metrics tab appears to contain a portal. You want that portal to fit within the Tab Control area and also that there could be quite a few 'rows' - up to 100.

In the Portal Setup dialogue set the portal to have just as many rows as can fit inside the Tab Control area with some space at the bottom  (5 or 10 points or what ever measurement you are using.) It looks like you have room for about 13 or 14 rows. Limit the number of 'visible rows' to what fits. There is an option in the setup dialogue to add a scroll bar. The portal will show all related records whether 10 or 250+ and you can view the other records by navigating with the scroll bar. If there are a lot of rows it might be helpful to add a record number (easiest is to use an Insert: Record Number Symbol text field) on the side but it must be in the related portal layout object. I would also consider a total portal row count to give the user some guidance as to how many "other' rows there are besides the visible 13 or 14 and where they are in the portal list. There are other threads on how to do that. Look for Portal Row Count.

If you are asking whether you can show a view similar to the Table view for a 'layout' I think the answer is no since your Tab Control is part of the layout.

• 2. Re: How to: Portal Table on Tab of Form, enter data and scroll bar within form layout
            TravisHeckford

Perfect! This fixed the problem.

Thank you!