3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 7:41 AM by TSPigeon

WebDirect Logout bug?

FrancoPagano

From the webdirect manual:

"It is important that web users properly close their sessions by opening the menu bar and then clicking Log Out. If they close the browser window or quit the browser before logging out, their sessions may still be open, which might: ......"

".....may still be open......, i don't understand, yes or not.

i made some test:

Mac, yosemite, maverick;

Test on Safari, Firefox, Chrome,

closing the tab of the browser it close also the web direct connection,

PC, win7;

Test on Firefox, Chrome,

closing the tab of the browser it close also the web direct connection,

Ipad iPhone last iOS;

Test on Safari, Chrome,

closing the tab of the browser it not close also the web direct connection,

Samsung  and android 4.4;

Test Chrome,

closing the tab of the browser it not close also the web direct connection,

is a bug?

• 1. Re: WebDirect Logout bug?
          TSPigeon

Franco Pagano:

FileMaker Server should close out those connections after 90 seconds of the tab/browser being closed. Does this seem to be the case or is the connection never closing?

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: WebDirect Logout bug?
            FrancoPagano

my question isn't related to the server, is at browser level, using mac or pc the connection is closed when you close the tab  without any other action.

in case the platform is a tablet, ios or android, if you close the tab, not quit the browser, the connection is still on.  The server close the connection after the time set on the server preferences.

this is a bug or is normal?

• 3. Re: WebDirect Logout bug?
              TSPigeon

Franco Pagano:

I was able to reproduce your issue using FileMaker Server 14's WebDirect on an Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and an iPad Mini (iOS9). The Mobile WebDirect connection isn't disconnecting on my Server for about 3 minutes 45 seconds after closing the tab (or the application). A desktop browser's connection is closing immediately. I will report this issue to Testing and Development. Once I receive further information, I will post back here.

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.