Product and version FileMaker Pro 14.0.4
OS and version Mac OS X 10.10.5
I've setup a Privilege Set to use limited view record access privileges. When the user opens the solution I'm setting a global variable with the ID of the entity that they can view records for called $$userEntityID.
I've setup the limited access privileges for records using this formula:
EntityID = $$userEntityID
This works well when displaying records, however I'm not able to perform a simple find to locate records that the user is able to view. For example if I do a find on the Title field for a value that I know exists I get "no records found" every time, no matter what find I do. It won't let me find records that I can definitely already view.
How to replicate
1. Setup custom record access view privileges for a specific privilege set that uses a global variable in the calculation formula
2. modify the startup script for the file so that it sets a value into the global variable and confirm this is the case
3. confirm that you can view records when logged in using the restricted privilege set
4. try and perform a simple find on a text field for a value that you know exists in a record you can view
5. FileMaker Pro returns a "no records found" error
Changing from using a global variable to using a global field in the calculation formula for the custom records privileges appears to resolve the issue.
There's nothing in the documentation that mentions any issues with using global variables in record access privileges calculation formulas.