1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 7:02 AM by TSGal

Filemaker Pro Advanced 14.0.4 crashes

davegray

I've been getting regular crashes (every day for 6 months) and sending off the reports to Apple... doesn't anybody action these????

Running on OS X 10.10.5...

Problem is printing multiple records (doesn't happen with a single one)... print happens OK and the displayed record can be changed but as soon as I move off that record (eg open another window, open another file, move to another record etc) FM crashes.

I've also had many other crashes which, on looking through my notes, might have a similar trigger (eg moving to another record but it just hasn't been preceded by the printing of multiple records).

I noticed in another thread that "There is an issue with FileMaker Pro crashing when a layout is displayed with a sorted portal." That could be relevant here (there is a sorted portal) and it also happens on a related layout without the portal.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro Advanced 14.0.4 crashes
          TSGal

davegray:

Thank you for your post.

We eventually receive the crash reports from Apple, but the crash reports do not let us know what the customer was doing at the time of the crash.  It would help us more the next time this occurs if you post the crash report up to and including the crashed Thread.

When the crash occurs opening another file, what can you tell me about that file being opened?  What layout is it supposed to display?  What objects are on the layout?

The sorted portal could very well be the issue, but I don't want to rule out all possible scenarios.  If you temporarily unsort the portal that you think may be causing the crash, do the crashes subside?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.