2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2016 12:37 PM by AndrewJudd

Slow list view and portal in related table

AndrewJudd

hi all, i have a database hosted on FMPhost for multiple user connections. I have a client line items table to allow for foundsets of clients to be made, kept and edited. Performance is a bit slow with portal and list view scrolling and load up times.

When a new line items record is created the surname is taken into a text field which then provides the sorting for both portal (in parent) and list view (in child). This way it's sorted by a direct field in the table and just a text field not a calculation.

I do have one summary field but even removing this doesn't improve performace in scrolling and loading up a list (of under 300 names). So i'm wondeing what else I can try to quicken things up?

Is it just that there is a lot of fields (bare in mind they are all text and no images at all).

the calculation field show below of the full name is indexed. and in the list view version I have replaced with first name and suname text fields. no real improvement... am i missing something?

Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 20.28.49.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 20.32.59.png