5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 12:20 PM by Jamiesmith

Drop Down Menu

Jamiesmith

hello, i have had this working but somehow i have broken it and can't fix it!

I have bunch of records business addresses, when i select the business name from pop up menu, i want to jump to that record but i can't get it to work?!? please help, i seem to be digging myself in a whole by fixing one thing and breaking another

i just want to select the business from the drop down menu to save cycling through the records when i will have hundreds of contacts?

do i need to set it to run a go to related record script but i just can get it to change, the business name is the only filed that changes?

address pop up menu.tiff

relation.tiff

• 1. Re: Drop Down Menu
          DanielShanahan

One way to approach this is to use a pop-up menu.  The value list would be the primary key (e.g. Business Unique ID) an the business name (use the check box "Also display values from second field").  Set a script trigger on the pop-up menu for OnObjectSave.  The script would be something like this:

Set Variable [$businessID]

Enter Find Mode

Set Field [Business Unique ID; $businessID]

Perform Find

• 2. Re: Drop Down Menu
            Jamiesmith

Hi Daniel

thanks for the help

although i tried that and i still can't get it to go to the related record for that business name ??

have you any other thoughts

• 3. Re: Drop Down Menu
              siplus

do you mean something like the attached example ?

• 4. Re: Drop Down Menu
                DanielShanahan

I would

Jamiesmith wrote:

although i tried that and i still can't get it to go to the related record for that business name ??

Yes, I forgot to mention that you would need to change the relationship to be based on the Business Unique ID instead of the Business Name.  There are two problems with using the Business Name:

1. It may not be unique.

2. It may change.

Hopefully you've set up the Business Unique ID to be not empty and unique.  At that point you can use the value list/script I mentioned.  Siplus' example also works using GTRR.  Many options!

• 5. Re: Drop Down Menu
                  Jamiesmith

Perfect, thank you for your help guys, all done. thanks

speak soon with the next issue i am sure

thank you