fm14 heralded the new text-oriented script workspace, and introduced the new blank-line comments.
Sadly a very, very tiny error was introduced during this improvement, and that is:
- the INTERNAL name of the # Comment step was changed from “Comment" to “comment”.
=> It is now the ONLY script step name all in lowercase.
This is to be seen in the DDR:
and in the clipboard XML:
OK, it is not a glaring issue, and indeed it was overlooked during ETS because since FileMaker 12 the copying+pasting of script steps is case insensitive and no error occurs,...
...HOWEVER, FileMaker 11 IS case sensitive and so copying code from fm14 to fm11 causes all comments to break:
This is an extremely aggravating and (or rather because) unnecessary problem.
Please can you pass this on to development for correction in fm15?
- Changing back to “Comment” will fix this bug and make it possible to copy scripts back to fm11.
- Changing back to “Comment” will NOT break anything, it will still be possible to copy+paste code between fm12, 13, 14 and fm15 - because they are case-insensitive
- Changing back to “Comment” will remove the UGLINESS of the DDR + all documents produced from it (by analyser software + XSLTs).
- Changing back to “Comment” will remove the UGLINESS of the fm clipboard and documents created from it (by fmCheckMate XSLT & co.)
- Changing back to “Comment” will make writing XSLTs to process the fmxmlsnippet easier again.
- Changing back to “Comment” will make FileMaker beautiful and aesthetically appealing again on the inside - for ever!
- Changing back to “Comment” will give the FileMaker developer at FMI who slipped up a clear conscience again
- and above all: to change back to “Comment” only ONE letter has to be changed!
Thanks in advance TSGal