2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 12:37 PM by rouelf

Need help with problem

norman926

I had a program that i wrote on FM11 Pro Adv and updated it to FM 12.1 Pro Adv but when i did that the FP 7 turned into FMPUR   and would not open. Now i can't open the 11 because it was updated to 12 and FMPUR is not recognized..

even the run time solution would not open so i lost over a years work.. Is there any way to recover the data that was on the FM 11 or 12?

I really  need the help with this one as it is a medical program that was being used by a physician that runs a pain center and needs the records (data) that is on the chip which now is  useless..

Thanks for any help you can give me.'

norman@sgmscorp.com

Norman Eisenberg

• 1. Re: Need help with problem
          jamiebah

You should be able to change the file extension from FMPUR to fmp12 on the actual database file and it should open in 12.

• 2. Re: Need help with problem
            rouelf

Norman, ... best practice, always make a copy before effecting big changes.

Make several copies of your solution. In one, change the extension to fp7. On another, change the extension to fmp12.

Open FMP11 Adv, using the Open function under the File menu try to open the file with the fp7 extension.  Similarly, open FMP12 Adv, using the Open function under the File menu try to open the file with the fmp12 extension. Similarly, open FMP12 Adv, using the Open function under the File menu try to open the file with the fmpur extension.

If you have a Runtime with a .usr extension, change the extension to fp7, and try opening it as per above with FMP 11 Adv.

Are you sure that is the only copy in existence ?  A runtime anywhere ?, or another fp7. Remember, a Runtime of the database (.USR or .FMPUR) can be opened with the appropriate FMP Adv as per above..

Make copies, Always "update" an fp7 file to fmpur file before effecting a runtime. Hopefully your file has not been corrupted unrecoverable. Using Recover may help recover data.