Thank you for your post.
If your other import scripts are working, check to see if the failing script is set to run with Full Access Privileges. That is, right click the script and select Grant Full Access Privileges. Then, try running the script again.
TSGal has you on the right track. If you really want to dig down and find out where the problem is coming from, it's entirely possible that this particular script is accessing a field in a table that the current privilege set doesn't allow. It's not necessarily the current table; it may even be a field in a table in the source file.
I saw a previous post where you mentioned doing that and I had Grant Full Access Priviledges checked. A head and shoulders icon appears next to the script. I deselected it and reselected it. Closed the file on my desktop and then deleted the file on my iphone, then loaded it from the desktop to the phone. Running the Script gives me the same message.
Previously I tried putting a re-login script at the start of the script thinking maybe my password doesn’t carry over to the tables and scripts made for them. That didn’t work.
I have 5 other scripts that are based on the same idea but importing different data and they work.
It sounds like the permission problem is in a subscript. Do you have any, and are they set to run with full access?
I've seen two things cause this to occur.
One was that I had a plugin (Dataguard) that limited changes to a record. Since the iPad app couldn't run the plugin the edit was failing but no error message was being displayed so the iPad was locking the record but it wouldn't unlock until a force quit.
The second way was when I had File Access security set to "Require full access privileges to use references to this file". Even though I had the file set as authorized, it would still fail and lock the record. This started happening a couple of months ago after one of the Go updates and continues to this day. I had to shut off that security setting in order to get it to reliably work.
Not sure if this helps but it might trigger a train of thought that leads to the right station.
I have plans to have this run as a sub script but am trying to get it to work solo first.
I will be looking at one of your suggestions soon but might not get to it today. The needle in the haystack!
Not what I meant. Does the import script call any other scripts?
I think this was part of the solution and glad you offered this suggestion. I might have removed it not getting the results right away. Although I am not exactly sure what I did but it is working as expected. The file I was importing probably had some privileges that were getting in the way. Thank you for your help.
Thank you for your help. I am pretty sure it was a privileges issue - I removed a few extra ones that were probably interfering.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Also have a check on "Available menu commands" under "Edit Privilege Set" in "Manage Security". If it is not set to "All", "import record" command is greyed out in menu. In combination (or not) with the access privileges settings discussed earlier, could result what you are experiencing.