AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Go Connection Problems

Question asked by jevans88 on Feb 11, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 by RickWhitelaw

I am using FileMaker Server 2014 to host multiple databases all of which are opened using only FileMaker Go 14.  The server software is running on a virtual machine hosted on our company server.  The virtual machine is running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, has a 4 core processor, and 8 gb of RAM allocated to it. Everything was working great until about 3 months ago when connection issues started to arise frequently.  When using FileMaker Go users are often kicked out of open databases and more often they cannot even open databases receiving the error message "Error The file "" could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host." The connection issues only arise when the connection is wireless (including cellular data connection) The connection issues will sometimes only last a minute or two but sometimes will last for much longer.  When the error arises I cannot ping the filemaker server from the wireless device but I can ping other computers on the network just fine. I have gotten an iPad on a wired network and it works fine, no connection problems, but wifi always has issues.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the server software.  I have updated iPads to the latest version and tried old version as well.  I have checked our wireless network for issues and found none (but the weird thing is that the error's arise when on Cellular as well) I am out of ideas but desperately need to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

Jason

Outcomes