3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 8:10 PM by desireemm1

Browser for Webdirect

desireemm1

I was just curious what browser works the best with Webdirect, from what I am seeing it looks like Mozilla and Chrome dont refresh as much as IE.  And on Mozilla its easier to get to the Print button, the only thing is I dont want it printing the naviagaion bar so I need to get the records to export into pdf maybe and print from there??

• 1. Re: Browser for Webdirect
          steveromig

Desiree Stevenson wrote:

I was just curious what browser works the best with Webdirect, from what I am seeing it looks like Mozilla and Chrome dont refresh as much as IE.  And on Mozilla its easier to get to the Print button, the only thing is I dont want it printing the naviagaion bar so I need to get the records to export into pdf maybe and print from there??

Note that Mozilla / Firefox are not officially supported with FileMaker WebDirect.  The officially supported browser list for FileMaker WebDirect is located here:

http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-server/server-14-specifications.html

As far as which one is faster, everyone probably has a personal opinion on this one.  FileMaker, Inc. does not recommend one over the other.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Browser for Webdirect
            user19752

This is not your intent, but IE don't support data: URL in web viewer.

• 3. Re: Browser for Webdirect
              desireemm1

I'm just trying to eliminate the constant flickering and refreshing before the users start using it.  oh and sorry for the bad English.  I thought maybe a different browser other than IE would suffice.  I'm wondering if the constant refreshing is due to the objects on it, I have fields and 4 portals would that be causing it??