4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 7:57 AM by schamblee

Filemaker Pro 14 Crashing on Win7?

dennix

Hi,

I have a problem with Filemaker Pro 14 crashing on Win7. When closed a random window in the app, after some work in the app, the application crashes on this dll, chartdir51.dll. Also, I have tested on MAC Yosemite OS and the filemaker crashes on some SVG Shape::Render library. Please help.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Pro 14 Crashing on Win7?

What is the error?

I'm assuming you searched first and found links like this one below.

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/advanced-software-engineering-limited/chartdirector/chartdir51-dll/

From the link above ...

• Most common errors:

• "Chartdir51.dll not found."
            • "The file chartdir51.dll is missing."
            • "Chartdir51.dll Access Violation."
            • "Cannot register chartdir51.dll."
            • "Cannot find %PROGRAMFILES%\PRTG Network Monitor\chartdir51.dll."
            • "Cannot start ChartDirector. A required component is missing: chartdir51.dll. Please install ChartDirector again."
            • "This application failed to start because chartdir51.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

On the mac side you should also post the exact error you're getting as with a screen shot, or, better yet, right from the Mac's Error log.

To get the the error log, press CMD+Space to bring up Spotlight and type in "Console". Search for the error and post it here. It may be an OS mismatch.

I have had operating-system issues as well with FileMaker on the Mac, but more details from you are needed. Also, what version of Yosemite, etc?

Except for a few minor bugs that aren't that bad, I have zero problems with FMPA 14 and El Capitan.

- m

• 2. Re: Filemaker Pro 14 Crashing on Win7?
            dennix

I got this message:

Faulting application name: FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe, version: 14.0.1.175, time stamp: 0x5538423e

Faulting module name: chartdir51.dll, version: 5.1.1.0, time stamp: 0x50887182

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00030091

Faulting process id: 0x11ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d168b79c9f5000

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced\FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced\chartdir51.dll

• 3. Re: Filemaker Pro 14 Crashing on Win7?

Yup, check my posting above. It lists the access violation as one of the issues. That article may help you resolve things.

In my view, DLLs, while tempting, are a terrible, error-prone programming construct and cause all kinds of issues.

DLL Hell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fortunately on the mac, there are no DLLs.

-- m

• 4. Re: Filemaker Pro 14 Crashing on Win7?
                schamblee

If the same database is crashing on a PC and a MAC then I would believe there might be a corruption issue with the database.  Run recover on the database to check for file corruption.

Note Recover does not detect all corruption.  Objects on the layout can get corrupt, so if possible recreate the layout without copying anything from the old layout.