3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 8:19 AM by joshuaw07

How Create Days Served

joshuaw07

Hello,

This is my first post and I'm new to this. So be gracious with my question

I am creating student profiles for the academy i work for. i would like for the student profiles to display the number of days we have served them. This would mean that each day the student is enrolled, the number of days severed should count upward.

Any help with this would be great thanks

• 1. Re: How Create Days Served
          markpelleymounter

Create a calculation field in your database and set the calculation to be:

Get(CurrentDate) - StoredDate

where 'StoredDate' is what ever your field is that has the enrollement date in

You will need to make sure the calculation is unstored (tick the "Do not store calulation results - recalculate when needed" under Storage Options on the Specify Calculation dialogue

• 2. Re: How Create Days Served
            mikebeargie

You need two fields, one to store the date you started serving them, and another calculated field with a calculation of:

get(currentdate) - yourTable::dateServed

Where yourTable is your table name, and dateServed is the date you started serving them.

Make sure to set the calculation to unstored, so that it always displays an updated date.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How Create Days Served
              joshuaw07

Thank you! this was it!

I did not have the Storage Options properly set.