4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2016 11:43 AM by beverly

Record is in use

gilo

Hi

In my DB solution I use some new Windows to view or edit ContainerFields.

I have a main Layout (client) with a Portal (Questions), which has a button.

This button GoToRelatedRecord in new window, so I get a window with a layout based on Questions with a Portal containing Documents.

It works nearly perfectly, only that FM tells me that the record is in use, because in the main window I'm still editing the record. I've tried with gotofield or save changes to record, but then the gotorelated record does not work no more....

thanx

• 1. Re: Record is in use
          beverly

Can you post the script called by the button?

Are you passing any parameters when calling the script?

Is the button in the portal row or on the parent layout?

beverly

• 2. Re: Record is in use
            gilo

The Button script simply says

GoToRelatedRecord (from Table: portal_table; layout: View_doc (portal_table); NewWindow)

No parameters are being passed

The button sits in a portal row

Thanx for your help

• 3. Re: Record is in use
              Abingdon

On the fly.  Your Parent record is open and looking at the Child record, your Child record is open.  Therefore you cannot edit it.  Maybe you should set a variable from your Portal (the Child record's ID), commit the Parent record, then open a new window in the layout you want to see the Child record in and use the variable in a  'Find' script there.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Record is in use
                beverly

agreed! it need to be a script not a script step. You can pass parameter (if needed). Commit the record before actually GTRR, so that the related record is editable.

beverly

1 of 1 people found this helpful