2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 4:36 PM by TimAnderson

Upload to FMS14 with non default ports

TimAnderson

I am trying to upload files to a remote FMS14 deployment that is using non-standard ports, but I am getting connection failures.

Port forwarding is setup on the router for the port in use but I cannot get a connection I can open remote files via amp and the admin console works fine.

Say FMS14 is using port 999 instead of port 443 and 888 instead of 80, we have port forwarded 999 and 888 to the FMS14 machine. We obviously also have 5003 and 16000 forwarded and they are working fine.

Note I am not in control of the router, but have no reason to doubt that it have ben set up incorrectly

What am I missing?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Upload to FMS14 with non default ports
          TSPigeon

TimAnderson:

Thank you for your post.

Ports 5003 and 443 (999 in your case) are used to upload files to FileMaker Server. A simple "Connection Failed" message when attempting to upload is usually an issue with Port 443 (999). Could be that the FileMaker Server machine is using or refusing connection on Port 443 (999). This could be due to Port Forwarding issue, or Third-Party software on the Server Machine itself. You might try uploading a File to Server with FileMaker Pro on the Server machine itself. If that works, it's an inbound issue. Otherwise, most likely something blocking or using the port .

I hope this information is of use!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Upload to FMS14 with non default ports
            TimAnderson

Thanks TSPigeon, exactly as I had suspected. I know the port is open on the server - I can upload when on the local network. Will get the router settings re-checked