3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 10:00 AM by ontarget

Why is the iPad Hanging Splash Screen FM SDK for IOS

ontarget

I have 15 applications so far that I created with the FM iOS SDK. I wasn't having any problems until this new application.

I did several builds working toward a final app to send to the iTunes store.

When I ran the app on two different iPads, it would show the  launch screen and then hang up. I tried the following to solve this issue.

I ran every check that I could think of in Xcode to make sure the settings were correct. I removed the current solution, added the solution from backup, and reset the simulator to display the new FM database.

I ran the simulator again with the same result of a the iPad hanging on the launch screen.  The next thing I tried was to remove the launch image to see if it was corrupting the file. I reran the simulator on my iPad mini, and got a different result where I get a white screen and an image of the folder in the upper left and the search magnifying glass at the upper right. In the middle of the screen at the top was the words "loading". I allowed it to the run for half an hour to see if something would work. But it stayed on the blank screen and did not launch the application. Keep in mind I did 20 builds in Xcode and ran on every device I tested it on. Now it won't run on the live device.

Has anybody seen this kind of issue using the FM iOS SDK?

• 1. Re: Why is the iPad Hanging Splash Screen FM SDK for IOS
          josephcanady

I had this same issue..  Make sure the FM DB is the exact case as the config file.  a simple lack of a capital letter in the database name was my issue..

• 2. Re: Why is the iPad Hanging Splash Screen FM SDK for IOS
            bigtom

I have done a number of FIAS Apps and never seen this issue. It must be a setting or configuration as was recommended.

• 3. Re: Why is the iPad Hanging Splash Screen FM SDK for IOS
              ontarget

What I found out some time ago was that the FISA build got corrupted. If you exit Xcode, and then later reenter you probably will not see this kind of error. But, once in awhile you'll note that the name for your FileMaker file is replaced with an unassigned name. If you don't immediately exit Xcode, and if you continue working it will corrupt the build. There is no undue, you're basically screwed and have to start all over again and create a new app ID and the developer account.

I just changed the name slightly and rebuilt the app, then built the FISA file and continued.

Important: to keep this from happening again, and you see an unassigned name and Xcode for your project stop immediately. Close Xcode, then reopen it from the project in your FISA built file. It will replace the unassigned name and replace it with the correct name. At this point you can continue your development and should not see a fail to load when you run the simulator.  I did create a bug report and sent to FileMaker. I don't know what action they took to notify the community about this issue?